Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 23, 2013



It’s a good thing that I’m going to sleep early tonight – I’ve had a long, busy day!

Since everyone at school will be spending most of the day doing work around town for the holiday weekend tomorrow; our teachers had us studying a bit harder than usual today.  For our grade and above, that was mostly because we’re now down to four usable school days left to get ready for final exams.  They start a week from this coming Monday; though stressing about them won’t start until after the holiday weekend.

After a mostly-all-work school day, my first job once I got home was to cut the grass so that wouldn’t need to be done on the weekend.  That actually took most of the time I had available between the end of school and the start of baseball practice; but I was able to get a couple of little family business issues dealt with while having a sandwich and mac salad dinner.  Rowen stopped in to get me on her way to the park, and we biked to the baseball diamond.  This was only our second practice, but I already think we have a great team this year.  We definitely had a better practice tonight than Mom and Dad did last night – though we don’t have nearly as many non-baseball distractions as the Fix-it Uppers do.

While I’m on that particular subject, though, there is one thing about moving up a division that’s been weird so far – girls on the team with boyfriends hanging around.  That wasn’t much of an issue during the last three years; but it might be a problem this season if those boys become too distracting during our games.  Even Carolyn Landry isn’t totally immune, and not only is she the most dedicated player on the team, her Mom’s with us too; and every boy in town is acutely aware of the fact that Lee Landry is her father.

Moving along, Rowen helped to make sure that my game night at the Inn was more interesting than I’d expected it to be when she couldn’t go tonight.  She had orders to go straight home from our practice and help out with getting the house ready for holiday weekend guests.  That’s likely all you needed to read to know that Michael and I were paired up for the night, while Rebecca conveniently felt the need to play with her cousin, Jessica, instead.

No, we didn’t win the junior championship, but we did have fun hanging out together – even with all of the nudges and hints directed our way from Aunt Leanne and the rest of her little matchmaking team.  Rowen will likely be as disappointed as Aunt Leanne seemed to be when her efforts didn’t get any results at all.  I even managed to escape before she could orchestrate another group walk home with Michael and his family; and I didn’t even hug Michael goodnight because he and Jake were in the kitchen when I left for home.

Mom did a Magi lesson with me after we put Ethan and Ehlana to bed for the night, and I opted for a quick shower instead of taking the extra time for a bath before climbing into bed with Mandy.  Getting to sleep ‘early’ is relative to my normal school night studies, since it is after eleven; but I’ll still get about three hours more sleep than usual.  I’m definitely ready to do that now, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!