Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 17, 2013



For today at least, we ended up having beautiful weather and no rain at all.  It ended up being so nice that Rowen and I are doing our first camping adventure of the year tonight, and this daily recap is coming to you live from our tent by the river.  We’re not camping alone, but I’ll get to that part of the story later.

My day started out by the river too, and Mom and I loved our little Tai Chi break before we got started on the usual weekday morning rush.  I don’t have anything worth mentioning to write about from school – it was just another uneventful day; and everyone seemed to be as interested in getting the weekend as I was.

Rowen and I didn’t immediately get started on our weekend fun after being set free this afternoon – though she’s telling me that she thought our snack and homework time with Michael was fun for all of us; and I guess she’s not really wrong about that.  Tim was busy hanging out with Nora and some of the other members of the Grade Seven couples club, so he hadn’t been with us while we studied, and after we had the work out of the way; we invited Rebecca to go with us and went for a long canoe ride upriver.

Quit smirking like that, Rowen – it’s entirely your fault that I was canoeing with Michael – you hopped into the canoe with Rebecca before he could.  Don’t give me any of that ‘more evenly matched’ load of baloney you tried feeding us at the time either.  There was only one match you were interested in setting up; and it had nothing to do with paddling abilities.

Mom and Dad were hosting a dinner and a holiday weekend pre-cooking night, though it was past eight before Dad got home from Crystal Springs.  Michael and Rebecca were added to the dinner guest list when we got back from our canoeing adventure; and the four of us were put in charge of entertaining Ethan and Ehlana while the adults were busy in the kitchen or working the grill.  Grandpa and Uncle Nick had that job; and they were cooking everything from hot dogs to steaks and chicken.  We – the kids – all had our meal while sitting on the dock or one of the benches by the river while the adults sat around the patio table on the back porch.  Mom and Aunt Leanne probably spent as much of that time in the kitchen as they did sitting down with everyone else, but they’d wanted to keep the cooking going; and had needed to keep working.

Babysitting does have its perks, and getting out of helping with the ongoing cleanup that was from dinner and all of the extra cooking was a really nice bonus.  Michael and Rebecca stayed with us, though I guess we technically went with them at first; because we stopped in to see Jake and Stephanie while we were on our way to the park with Ethan and Ehlana for some playground fun.  The senior teens had gotten home from their trip, and I loved getting to spend a few minutes with them, but they were just dropping Jake’s things off on their way to visits at the Inn and furniture store; so we didn’t get to hear much about their trip before they needed to be off and running again.  There had been lots of kids at the park, and Ethan and Ehlana were very happy to run around and keep all four of their volunteer babysitters busy.  Michael and Rebecca didn’t know it, but we walked home in time for Ethan, Ehlana, and I to be there to meet Dad and welcome him home once we sensed that he was getting close.  Rowen and I had been talking about camping instead of doing a sleepover in my room while we were at the park; and we had approval to do that by the time we’d finished having a little visit with Dad and helping him get his bags into the house.

Some of us entered the tweeird zone then when Ethan and Ehlana started bouncing around, doing their best normal toddler act; and sing-singing “Camp too, Camp too” over and over again.  Would you like to take a guess who Ethan wanted to camp with?  No, I’m sure the tweeird zone hint was all you needed.  I didn’t know whether I should hug Michael for being nice enough to let Ethan ‘talk’ him into camping with him; or bop my baby brother for pulling off a sneaky junior matchmaking coup.

You do not need to ask Michael his opinion on that, Rowen Emerson!  Quit laughing.

Rebecca was invited to join us too, but she declined the offer.  She did stay and hang out with us while we set up two dome tents and rounded up the usual camping gear; and once we had everything ready, she and Michael took turns telling Ethan and Ehlana some spooky camp stories.

Dad came out to our little camp at ten and invited us all in for a bedtime snack.  Rebecca did that with us too, but then headed home when most of the cooking crew left for the night.  Dad and Michael got Ethan ready for bed while Rowen and I did the same with Ehlana.  We did a round of hugs and kisses with Mom and Dad, and then got back to our camping adventure.

Let’s not think about what Mom and Dad are doing with their semi-kid-free time after being apart all week.

Ethan and Ehlana weren’t ready to sleep yet, so Michael and Ethan joined us in our tent; and he, Rowen, and I let the twins entertain us until they were ready to crash.  My time in the tweeird zone didn’t end when the boys moved over to their tent.

I’m positive that Ethan’s need to call me over so I could tuck him in was a totally fabricated excuse, and even if I’d had doubts about that; his “hug Michael too” demand was way too obvious.

Don’t pretend that you don’t know that I did hug Michael too, Rowen.  Ethan didn’t pick that moment to turn on his flashlight by accident either.

Anyway, Rowen, Ehlana, and I have been listening to music on my computer since then; and I’ve been doing some random surfing along with my usual bedtime checks.  It sounded like Ethan was playing games on his iPad with Michael after I left, but we’re not hearing much noise from their tent anymore.  Ehlana fell asleep about twenty minutes ago, and since we’re going to have the added work of a camp clean-up in the morning before Rowen needs to be at the computer store and I’ll be busy with yard work; I’m pretty much ready to pack it in for the night now too.

No, Rowen, I do not want to sneak over to Michael’s tent.  If you think he needs a cuddle buddy, though, feel free to help him out with that yourself.  We’ll all get teased about this enough without making it worse.  I won’t be surprised to hear that we were camping in one tent with no mention of Ethan and Ehlana at all by the time this bit of news has cycled through the grapevine a few times.

We really should get to sleep now, though, so I’m going to shut this down now and we can do that – unless you really do want to sneak over to the boys’ tent and stay there instead.

I didn’t think so.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!