Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 15, 2013



My usual Tuesday after-school work plans were changed when Mom decided that she was due for a sleepover in Crystal Springs with Dad this week.

Instead of working on the family business, I helped Alicia with Ethan and Ehlana after we picked them up at KidZone; and we kept them entertained until Aunt Leanne finished work and took us home with her for the rest of the night.  I moved on from assistant babysitter to cook’s helper for a while, and then it was mostly playtime after Uncle Adam joined us and Alicia headed home.

Okay, it wasn’t all fun and games – at least for me.  Aunt Leanne took the opportunity to spend a little quality time teasing me about Michael – especially at the point in my daily recap when she found out that he joined Rowen and me for our lunchtime music practice; but Lisa didn’t.  I’m really getting tired of repeating the fact that I’m not interested in any boys, or in crossing over, and even if I was; Michael, and for that matter every other boy in our class, has a girlfriend.

No, Aunt Leanne, I’m not getting so tired of repeating myself that I’m going to give up, cross over, and start dating just to get you to stop bugging me about it.  I’m tired of seeing that particular topic pop up far too often in my journals too, so let’s skip the teasing and matchmaking details and get on with the rest of the story.

Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne led a Magi lesson with us after we cleaned up from dinner.  There really isn’t much that they can teach me, but they can work with Ethan and Ehlana; and I do learn other things that relate more to the ‘how’ they teach than the ‘what’.  The way they were taught was a lot different than how Mom’s been training me, and that’s one of the things that is going to be changing a lot now – though Mom can’t possibly train every Magi; and it will take time to teach other Magi her techniques.

While our lesson wasn’t challenging for me, we all had fun, and continued to keep entertained with some play time, a little television and cuddle time, and a long bedtime story and snack time.  All of that, and some bonus aunt and niece hair, nails, and chat time while I was getting ready for bed, had me starting my nightly studies and computing a bit later than I’ve managed for the last week and change, so I kicked up the time-phase into high gear; and still managed to get everything done before eleven-thirty.

Unless Mom’s using a time-phase tonight too, I’ll guess that Dad isn’t finished his work yet, but I’m not sending them any messages to find out if I’m right or not.  I really don’t need to know most of the details of what they’ve been doing tonight, and the recap of their dinner with the Malloys can wait until I see Mom tomorrow after school.  I wish that I could see Angela, Terry, and Valerie more often, but they’re at least as busy as Mom and Dad; and getting together for weekend visits just never seems to be an option.

Anyway, I need to wrap this up and get some sleep.  It’s not that I have anything particularly exciting booked to rest up for, but I will be doing back-to-back work nights now to make up for not getting much done today.  Except for school and game night at the Inn, it’ll also mean that I won’t have any play time with Rowen until Friday, so it’s a good thing that we get to have a three-day weekend so we can have an extra day of fun to make up for the lost best-friend time this week.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!