Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Here in our magical little corner of the world, summer has ended and while Ethan, Ehlana, and their cousins and friends are back at school; most parents will enjoy the daily breaks while their work and play will transition into the normal fall schedules. Cassie and Michael will be getting ready for their fall work trip; and the adventures will continue in big and small ways as we head into the autumn months of 2026. We will have all of those stories for you; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of our latest adventures; and happy reading!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - August 27, 2019


Ethan:

I don’t have any news to report today.  We played at the lab and archives this morning; played outdoors with our friends all afternoon; had an easy dinner ahead of Ehlana’s baseball practice; and then we’ve had a quiet evening at home since then that included a Magi lesson; some studying; and a bedtime walk with Silkie.  I’m going to move on to some digital archives until I’m ready to sleep; so that’s it for tonight.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

We really don’t have anything exciting to report for today – though we have had fun in an everyday sort of way.  I don’t have news for Cassie and Michael either while she’s still busy with her evening class; so I’m going to move on too – with some lab reports reading.  That might put me to sleep tonight, but I want to keep up with everything while that’s easier to do before we’re back to school.

Let’s not think about that.  We still have some summertime fun to go before then and the holiday weekend; so I’m going to have fun while we can!

Okay, we’ll still have fun when we’re back to school too, but you know what I mean; and I won’t get into another commentary about our need to have a ‘normal’ life and create that all-important paper trail that we’ll need for our future without bringing any attention to ourselves the way Gwyneth Hathorne has with her academic escapades at Princeton.

Ethan has dug up some good stories in the archives about Magi education in the past showing that Magi did sometimes have advanced education for their children, but that only worked when it could be done without interaction with ‘outside’ communities; and usually ended badly at some point.  Maybe Ethan will include some of those stories sometime, but my point was only that we’re likely doing things right around here; and now I’m going to wrap this up and move on to that report reading.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!