Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Cassie's Journal - November 27, 2017



Grandma and Grandpa headed back to Arizona this morning, so before I get to the rest of my update; I should cover a bit of news from the weekend that I didn’t mention while I was either too tired or interested in spending bonus cuddle time with Michael.

First up, all of our hometown relatives that were away for the weekend had fun with their trips and got back here safely – and in time to catch the last buffet sitting.  Grandma and Grandpa were at that last buffet too – as were most of their kids and grandkids.  I was technically there, but working the dining room doesn’t really count, and since they weren’t in one of my areas; I only had a couple of cameo moments with them while they were there and I was busy with my work.

Violet and Dillon were there too, and will be staying a bit longer for their work at the lab that’s all for their Master’s theses; but I still don’t have a date for when they’ll head back again.  They’ll do that later this week or on the weekend, though; and need to be at college ahead of final exams for the term.  I haven’t mentioned Josiah and Christina over the holidays, but that’s mostly because they didn’t end up having much of a visit here; and I only saw them a couple of times before they were on their way back to school.

There’s other news from around our family and friends, but too much to cover here; so I’ll just go with those samples and move along.

While Grandma and Grandpa were in transit back to the sunny south; we’ve had a really good weather day here with the temperature climbing to around seventy by this afternoon.  Tai Chi by the river was still frosty this morning, but the sun and warm led to more outdoor time for the rest of the day – including for two classes that we took outdoors because we could and an outdoor lunch break too.

Football was obviously the top gossip topic at school, and our football team players were all treated like heroes all day, but the most-obvious change in our lives was the end of football and cheerleading practices.  Playing and just hanging out with our friends at lunchtime was great; and then having the rest of the day off after last class was even better – especially thanks to the great weather!

Michael and I were booked for dinner and the evening at his house, but we took full advantage of the warm once we were set free from school; got our bikes out; and went for a ride around town and at the park with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden.  There was some play time and a snack break with treats from the Olde Bakery and Emporium too; and then we dropped all four kids off with my parents before going over to Michael’s house to have dinner with his Mom and Dad.

That was a blast of culinary experimentation fun; we did our homework after dealing with the clean-up and going for a walk with Miranda and Jacob; and then there was some music play time so that we could get ready for our band and teen praise team practices tomorrow night.  Add in a bit of make-out time in Michael’s room and a bedtime chat with his parents; and then it was time for me to get home by a bit after eleven o’clock.  Mom did a Magi lesson with me while Dad wrapped up his homework and the twins finished up some of their doctoral studies; and then we all headed up to bed by midnight.

I’ve been working on my usual bedtime computing since then; that work and studying went well-enough; and now I’m ready to crash and nap for a couple of hours before it’ll be time to get up and going again.  The wind-down to the end of November should be a bit quieter now that the Thanksgiving and football excitement will start wearing off, but we are going to still be very busy; and I really need to sleep when I can.

This has been a bonus really great day, though, and that’s one extra thing for me to be thankful for; so that’s likely the only news from this update that really matters the most anyway.

I do need to get to that nap, though, or I may wake up looking like a Zombie Magi Master, and I wouldn’t want to scare anyone by doing that; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!