Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 28, 2015



Happy 3rd Birthday, Valerie!

We had a breakfast call with Valerie, her parents, and brother; and sent a gift that was there for her to open; but didn’t get together with the Malloys.  She did have a party today, though; and I’m sure that Angela and Terry helped to make sure she had a very happy day.

Our fun here at home wasn’t on the birthday party level, but there was a lot going on – and I again had nothing to do with most of the biggest news.  The top story around here is that the outer shell of the new addition for the church was finished today.  That didn’t get talked about yesterday while we were there; so I’ll guess that the construction guys wanted to make sure that everything was done before making that announcement.  There’s still a lot to do indoors, including knocking out some walls between the old and new sections of the church; but the crews will be able to work indoors most of the time all winter; and they’re ahead of schedule thanks to the extended spell of nice weather we’ve had for the past couple of weeks.

That, by the way, has been good for the ongoing harvests around here too; and the farmers are generally all fairly happy right now.  I should also mention that the crops that the farmers are growing for the lab are doing as well as expected; and the best sign of that is that it doesn’t look as though the lab will need to pay out any crop failure subsidies at all.  They’re buying up a lot of seed to get ready for a big expansion next year; but I’ll leave the details for stuff like that to the archives that Uncle Adam and Ehlana are keeping for the lab.  Feel free to read up on all of that boring science and agricultural business stuff there! ;^)

Closer to home – like here in the house; the back porch to sunroom conversion work is almost finished.  We haven’t been allowed to go in and see it in a while now; but Dad did tell us that the finishing work will be done sometime in the next two days and then there will be new furniture delivered for it on Wednesday or Thursday – in time for their anniversary on Friday.  Since Mom has been around here and none of it is a surprise; Dad’s at least hoping that she’ll love getting to see the finished room on Friday morning.  If that’s anything like when I got to see my room for the first time; it’ll be amazing for Mom.  I can hardly wait for Friday!

Then again, I’m looking forward to morning and sharing Michael’s fifteenth birthday with him; so I’d better move this update along and get some sleep.

Compared to all of that, my day has been fairly uneventful.  Tai Chi by the river was nice; breakfast with Mom, Dad, and the twins was pretty much all of the time I spent with them today until after I got home from Michael’s house tonight.  We had a good day at school; cheerleading practice was fun; and then I went home with Michael to have dinner there and then spend the evening studying, having a music practice, wrapping that up with a minor make-out session, and ending my evening there with a bedtime chat with his parents and Rebecca before I came home again.  Mom did my Magi lesson then; I had a chat with her, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana; and then I took care of getting the twins tucked in for the night on my way up to my room.

It’s been all work and study since then once I was in bed with Mandy and my computer, but I time phased some of that; and didn’t have as much to do thanks to the bonus work and studying on the weekend.  That’ll give me the chance to have a couple of extra hours of sleep, and since I do have a birthday dinner to go to tomorrow in addition to school and three practices; I’d better get to the napping so that I’ll be ready for all of that.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!