Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cassie's Journal - Dec. 28, 2011

I was on my own for Tai Chi this morning; breakfast was quick; and Rowen and I were set free by eight-thirty when her parents left for the store and we moved our holiday base of operations back over to my house for at least the next day or two.

Alicia was working extra hours over the holidays, but that was mostly working all day on her regular days, and she was off today. Mom had planned around that, and Rowen and I didn’t have to help her out; but we did play with Ethan and Ehlana for a while this morning, and took them to the park for an hour after lunch. We also went for a long bike ride; had Olde Bakery snacks by the falls with Aunt Leanne; and played with some of our friends at the park again before going home in time for dinner. The top news by then was that Seth Green had been born after an all-day labor, and the twins were hoping to meet their future classmate on Sunday at church. Since the age cut-off for our school is in February; they’d know who most of their classmates would be within the next couple of months.

Mom and Dad both had work to do in the office tonight, so Rowen and I had Ethan, Ehlana, and Mandy to cuddle with for the first part of our double-feature movie plans. We let the twins pick the first one, and while Rowen and I had both seen Baby Geniuses; we were as entertained by the show as Ethan and Ehlana were – partly because of their running telepathic commentary and questioning about the movie. Sly and the other babies are amazing, but they’ve got nothing on my little brother and sister!

When it was time for Ethan and Ehlana to go to bed, we helped Mom with that; did a bedtime snack in the office with her and Dad; and then moved back up to the lounge for movie number two. We do at least try to mix in enough sleepovers at Rowen’s house so that her parents don’t get upset that we don’t stay with them very often, but it’s also true that we both prefer to have our sleepovers at my house now that I’m allowed to shield us so we can use our powers. Right now, I’m writing this telekinetically; Rowen, Mandy, and I are talking telepathically; and Rowen’s in the process of floating a drink and bowl of popcorn over to us from the counter.

Hold the word processor – I’ve just had a really cool idea! I can speed up a movie the same way that I can work my computer, but Rowen can’t keep up with what’s happening on screen, and it isn’t nearly as much fun to watch a show like that. Watching Rowen with the slow-motion telekinesis of the popcorn and her drink compared to my computing has me wondering what would happen if I basically took the whole room into a time-phase transmutation. Time for another break while I go see if Mom will come and play with us for a few minutes!

***

Okay, I’m back, and Dad wanted to come and play too. The answer is a resounding ‘yes’; though the power drain to do that with furniture, four people, and a cat was enormous. Mom also had me try it with Dad staying outside of the space I was time-phasing once so that he could tell us what it looked like from the outside. I hadn’t really thought about it, but apparently if you don’t move anything in a time-phase; someone watching from the outside doesn’t see anything different at all. The only change that Dad saw was on the television; and he said it was just like clicking from one chapter to the next except that the before and after were mid-scenes. Mom and I want to try that again sometime and actually move both the people and the furniture around to see what happens; but I’m too tired to try again tonight.

Between the two experiments, Rowen and I were able to watch about half of the movie, and that was a good thing because I’m wiped out now. Mom gave me some archive research to do for this, but she doesn’t think there will be anything about time-phasing that will be quite the same as what we did tonight. Dad thinks that’s because the VHS or 8-track tapes would’ve just broken at the speed of light. That does bring up the question of what happens to things like the internet, radio, and over-the-air or satellite signals; but that’s an experiment for another day too. I’d better rest up so that I can have enough power saved up for all of the time-phasing I’ll need to do to study all of that!